Saturday, November 22, 2014

Saturday Blessings


 
"Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord.  For the husband is the head of the wife, as also Christ is the head of the Church...  Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church;"  Ephesians 5:22...23
 
Waking up this morning to a quiet house was awesome... then I walked downstairs and saw my Husband and a smile begins to form.
 
He is my blessing every day.  He is my best friend.
 
When we married we were so young, I was 22 and He was 29.
 
We have been through so much together,
seen many miracles...
 
We have grown in our faith and maturity which also means we have been on many rollercoasters, some feeling like the 'tallest in the world'.
 
We love and respect each other fully and love God greatly.
This has been the foundation of our marriage, the reason for our love.
 
We understand that marriage is a team effort of two becoming one, and if we are not one we do not function very well.
 
We are not perfect... I do not want you to get the wrong impression.  We still have moments where we need to communicate, time apart to breathe and be ourselves, but we try to make our marriage better by drawing closer to God and then to each other.
 
Marriage needs effort.  Marriage needs love.  Marriage needs most of all, GOD at the center.
 
I pray for marriages throughout the world... may they be deeply seated in Christ's love.
 
Many blessings my friends
Kelly
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: