Sunday, September 17, 2017

I'm Not Alone

 
 
 
I'm Not Alone
 
Today begins with the sun shining
brightly yet not sharing its warmth yet.
I am searching
for what I have lost...  my passion.
My zest for life has been stolen.
Snatched away in my prime.
Broken as my body with this pain...
this endless pain circling always.
Creeping along with my memories
wandering the empty fields.
Though I find I am not alone
in my loneliness.
I am not the only one who is lost.
There are others, many others.
Searching, seeking and longing
for who they used to be.
We meet in a virtual existence,
strangers united through pain,
and loneliness.
We share, we learn and we grow
from the nourishment we find here.
A community of misfits not good enough for
the outside world.
No, we are better.
For we know pain, we know suffering
and we know how to comfort others.
We are blessed to know this pain.
Blessed to breathe this new breath of life,
to exist.
 
We are not alone.
 
Kelly
 
 
 
 
 


No comments: